Building Your Own Website
Thinking of building your own website from scratch? Although the task may sound a bit intimidating, a lot of people prefer building their website themselves. Of course there is a plethora of web development and web design companies that can do all the work for you, but hiring these firms can lead to issues with control and money. Having a web design company add advanced features on your website can be expensive, but if having a simple website design is more of your preference, then the task of building your own website can be easily done.
Here in our guide, we have simple steps that you can follow in order to build a great and effective website. We’ve made sure to make our guide understandable to beginners. We’ve also included a few examples of some companies that can help you with building your own website.
Try Host Gator web hosting today. They’re our favorite host, with good reason.
Website Making Made Easy
When you want to build your own website, you can choose to either base your website on a pre-made template, or you can make one completely from scratch. If you’ve had experience with dealing HTML and CSS codes, then building a website from the very start can be easy for you. Before you start with the creation of your website, you have to decide if you plan on creating your website on your computer or on the Internet. Don’t be confused with that statement. When you make a website, you can choose to save all your unfinished work either online or on your computer. When you save your work online, you can log on into any computer to continue your work, but saving your unfinished work on your computer means you can edit your unfinished website on your computer alone. Once you’ve decided, you’re now all set to build your own website.
- What is your website supposed to be? Before you start with your website, you have to decide first what kind of website you want. Determine what you want to do with your website. Is it going to be a personal website like a blog? Or are you going to enter the world of e-commerce and sell products online? You can even make a website for your business to advertise the products or services your company is providing.
- Name before content. Before you start thinking about the content or the design of your website, you’ll have to get the domain name for your website first. The domain name is basically the name or URL of your website. Let’s say you’ve decided that your domain name is ShopForLess. Whenever someone types www.shopforless.com on their browser’s address bar, they will be taken to your website. For an annual fee of around $15-$40, you will be able to keep your domain name. If you’ve already thought up of a great domain name for your website, better register it now before someone else does!
- Register for a web hosting account. Even if you’ve already constructed the content of your website, it’s all useless if nobody but you can see it. Your web host is responsible for broadcasting your website 24/7, which is why it is important to find a web hosting company that is reputable and has the most up-to-date equipment. Of course there are a lot of web hosting companies out there that are promising cheap services, but just because they’re offering enticing bonuses doesn’t exactly mean that the company can be trusted. If you hire a company that has cheap service but also has lousy staff and equipment, your visitors might not be able to access your website due to server crashes or lag. If you want to create a web hosting account at the best company, we recommend that you look into HostGator and their hosting services. They have flexible web hosting plans for all types of websites, be it a blog or an online shop.
- Start setting up the content of your website. Building your website can be both easy and hard. It completely depends on you and the method you wish to use. Many web hosting companies today have their own website builder. HostGator as well as ZappyHost are two of the high-ranking web hosting companies that have included the website builder to their services. If you’re too busy to take care of your website’s content, or if you’re planning on having a website with a design that is too complicated for you to make, you can also ask the assistance of a web design company. If you were planning on opening an online shop, but you don’t know how to set it up, there are many web design services that will gladly help you begin with your business. If you’re up to the challenge, you can also code your website all by yourself. There are many basic HTML and CSS tutorials on the World Wide Web. You can also use Adobe Dreamweaver, but you’ll have to buy this program for you to use it.
- Publish, Promote and Maintain. Now that everything in your website is good to go, it’s time to publish your website so that everyone who is connected to the Internet can see your website. You can publish your website using your web hosting tools. Once published, it’s not guaranteed that your website will become instantly famous. You’ll have to work hard to promote your website so that you will get actual visitors. Although there are many methods to advertise your website, the fastest way to promote your website is through SEO or search engine optimization. You can also tell your friends about your website, or advertise it through emails. Even if your website has been up and running for a while, make sure to do some maintenance checks to guarantee that all parts of your website are still working fine. It may sound a bit dull, but it’s a minor procedure that can help you in the long run.
Best Reliable Web Hosting to Build Your Own Website