Can You Use HostGator Web Hosting With GoDaddy Domain Name?
HostGator and GoDaddy are two of the most popular web hosting companies and domain registrars in the market today. In fact, if you go online and search for the best web hosting provider, their names are most likely to come up. But there are instances where we need to use the services of both companies into our website such as using HostGator web hosting services for your GoDaddy domain name. But can you use HostGator web hosting with GoDaddy domain name? is this possible? Read on to find out more about this.
Don’t have Hostgator hosting yet? Click here for the best price on Hostgator web hosting!
HostGator Web Hosting Services
As stated, HostGator is one of the leading providers of website hosting services in the industry today. Established in the year 2002, HostGator has been providing various types of web hosting solutions to millions of customers all over the world. Currently, they have more than 750 employees and the company continues to grow.
They offer shared hosting, VPS, Reseller hosting and dedicated server packages that are ideal for both beginners and professionals. By purchasing a hosting plan from HostGator, you get to enjoy unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, easy to use control panel, free website templates, one click script installs and even a $100 Google Adwords offer, which can greatly help to make your website to become visible on the web.
GoDaddy Domain Name
GoDaddy is a popular domain name registrar. The company helps to make registering domain names easy, fast and affordable. Remember that customers these days will often go to the World Wide Web if they need to search for certain products and services. So if you want to easily attract customers into your business, make sure that you come up with an ideal domain name for your site. Not only will this make it easy for your customers to find your business on the Internet, but this also help to give you a place where you can build your own unique presence online.
Using HostGator Web Hosting for your GoDaddy Domain Name
So now the question is, “Will it be possible to use HostGator web hosting for your GoDaddy domain name?” Yes, it’s possible and below are the steps on how to go about this.
- First of all, log in to your account with GoDaddy.
- Refer to the top of the page and hover your mouse to the “Hi, Customer” drop down menu. Choose “Visit My Account”.
- Right on the Products Tab, click the “plus” icon. This can be found right next to the Domains.
- Click “Launch” which you can find next to the domain that you want to manage.
- Refer to the Nameservers section which you can find on the Settings tab and then click “Manage”.
- On the Nameserver Settings, choose the radio button for Custom and then click on the “Edit Nameservers” link.
- Key-in your Nameservers on the space provided and then click “Okay” if you are done making changes.
- Click “Save” in order to finalize everything.
Remember that as soon as you have made the changes on your Nameservers right at the registrar you will have to go through the 24 to 48 hours of DNS propagation where your website and email might not be available to use yet.