Should I get Hostgator Hosting if My Domain Name is at Xinnet?
If you are using a domain name from Xinnet or any other domain registrar, Hostgator is definitely the best option. As you know, the company has been trusted by millions of bloggers and website builders worldwide and they take pride in providing the best quality of hosting products and services. But before you can make your Xinnet domain name to work with your website that is hosted by Hostgator, you must first change the name servers that you will use for your hosting account with Hostgator. This article will talk about the process of changing the name servers. That way, you will be able to use your domain name from Xinnet for your website even if your web hosting service provider is Hostgator.
Determine the Name Servers for your Hosting Account
As mentioned, in order for you to be able to use your domain name from Xinnet, you must first change the name server that you will be using for your Hostgator hosting account. But remember that there are various name servers that are available for you to use so you should be able to identify the most appropriate name server. Take note as well that the name server will vary depending on your type of hosting services and the server that you use.
There is an article on the support portal of Hostgator that talks about how to identify your name servers. So if you are not sure what name server you will use, you better refer to this article. The article is called “what are my name servers”.
Change the Name Server at your Xinnet Account
Even though Hostgator cannot change the name server for you, they can provide you with steps on how you can change the name server on your account at Xinnet. Here are the steps that they have provided:
- Log in to your account with Xinnet by typing in your username and your password.
- Click on “access my account”. This is located right on the upper right hand corner of your account page.
- Choose “my products” which you will find on the left pane.
- Refer to the “General Management Section” then choose “Domain Management.
- Click on “My Domains”. This tab can be found on the right hand corner.
- Choose the domain that you want to be updated.
- Click the option that says “change the name servers”.
- Type in the name servers on both the primary and the secondary name server field. This is the name server that you will find on the welcome email that you will receive from Hostgator the moment you sign up.
- Click “ok” so the changes will take effect.
Things to Remember
Your email and your website will not be available for you to use within 24 to 48 hours after you made the changes on your name servers. The reason for this is because there will be a DNS propagation that will take place. So if you need to access your email or your website, you must do it right before you change or modify the name servers.